Friday, June 29, 2012

My Yoga Name, "Enchanted Butterfly" Creating Enchantment for others...

 I went to a yoga retreat in Costa Rica many years ago. On the four hour bus trip from San Jose to the retreat center, Samasati my yoga teacher, Purusha asked us to create a yoga name that we would be called for the week, something we aspired to be. I saw a butterfly and thought how beautiful, fragile, strong and transformational it was. That's what I aspired to be. However, I longed to be enchanted and create enchantment for others, thus, Enchanted Butterfly.
Since 2000, I have facilitated Women's retreats in the mountains 70 miles north of Los Angeles. It's an enchanted mountain community referred to as "The nearby faraway place" and the best kept secret in California. When you are in Pine Mountain you feel like you are thousands of miles from a big city. Founded by our fearless Chumash brothers and Sisters, Pine Mountain is nestled between two mountains that create very powerful transforming energy for all who visit.

The goal for my retreats is to create enchantment for all who attend. I never promise transformation, although it happens more often than not. The enchantment starts when you arrive, continues with the greeting of the other women, the room you stay in, the food you eat created consciously and lovingly by Chef Joe, the yoga with SunJay and the silent hikes in the magical forests. Enchantment is felt by all.

I want to share some thoughts from some of the women who have attended the retreats in the past:

"The Fearless Women Retreat is an experience not to be missed!  I was able to attend a Fearless Women Weekend hosted by Mary Ann Halpin and Joe Croyle and continue to be amazed by the transformation that took place. The weekend itself was very special and I felt very nurtured, a real break.  But the power really became apparent when I saw how it opened my eyes to who I am and where I am at in my journey.  How often do you get to look at yourself from a different perspective?  I walked away from the retreat knowing that I had seen where I was personally on my journey and even better, being OK with it.  Healing, enlightening, soul feeding and nurturing - if you need this in your life, I highly recommend the Fearless Women Retreat Experience!"
Rebecca Metz, Minnesota

"An amazing experience with amazing women! Perfectly planned for body, mind and soul rejuvenation.
One of the best retreats I've ever been to."  
Rose Pagonis, Chicago

I am honored to hold the space and create enchantment for all who attend. I am looking forward to these next two retreats in August and September and know that they will be a treat for those who welcome enchantment.  
  
To sign up for your own enchantment experience:
Fearless Women Mountain Retreat:  fearlesswomenglobal.com/retreats

1 comment:

  1. Your yoga name is timeless; just like a butterfly for it symbolizes the word rebirth. Doing yoga exercise is very enchanting for it can change one’s perspective in life drastically – mind, body, and spirit. It's a healing art that helps increase our circulation and calms our nervous system.
    Chick Boardman

    ReplyDelete