Wednesday, January 2, 2013

22 Random Acts of Kindness

 I was inspired to blog about random acts of kindness. In this new year of 2013, I have had many moments of reflection about my life, what to do next, focus on, what makes my heart sing and my soul follow her bliss. Somehow random acts of kindness just stops me in my monkey mind tracks.
I think about my sweet husband Joe aka Singing Chef Joe.



 He practices random acts of kindness at the grocery store. He shops there almost every day as he just loves to purchase fresh food for whatever dish he is creating for dinner. Several times a year he keeps an eye out for someone in his line that perhaps has a small order he or she is checking out and may look like they don't have enough money to pay for it. He will surprise them by paying for their groceries. He says he does it for the joy of seeing and feeling their heart open up with gratitude. He always tells me his story with tears in his eyes. That's what I love about my Joe, his kind heart.


So in keeping with wanting to blog about random acts of kindness, I found this video by
Syed Muzamil Hasan Zaidi who on his 22nd birthday instead of throwing a party he decided to do  "22 Random Acts of Kindness." This video was shot in Islamabad, Pakistan. It could have been shot in the US or anywhere. I know you will enjoy and be inspired by it.




Syed ends his video by writing, "Let's create a society where even if the governments and corporations work against us, we still have each other."

Knowing we are all in this world, this New Year together, let's practice more random acts of kindness, just cause it feels so darn good!

Fearlessly Yours in Random Acts of Kindness,

Mary Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love random acts of kindness from both directions. thanks for sharing.
    I would like to invite you to be a guest blogger in the near future. My blog is being re-vamped slowly by my nearly blind son. Like me know if you are interted sometime, Malika

    ReplyDelete