Thursday, January 3, 2013

I have a lot of feelings that we are doing something crazy...but those are the good days!

That phrase is at the end of the little video created by Seth Godin, genius of contemporary marketing. If you haven't read any of his books, run your fingers to Amazon and buy one or Kindle one. You must, I repeat, you must engage your mind and wrap it around his out of the box thinking.



My brain has been marinating in a swirling pot of hot molasses seemingly working overtime to understand what to do next with my life. To be honest with you, I have to really step up to the plate to monetize whatever I'm doing but in my heart of creative hearts I just can't bring myself to do something mundane and predictable that fits in with the masses and that's where Seth's mind bending creative marketing comes in.

So I have committed to this blog challenge created by my friend, Michele Scism and her friend, Michelle Shaeffer, to write a post every day for 31 days. I am on day 3 and I am writing posts day to day exploring what is next for me and sharing the random things that inspire me.

Today it happens to be Seth Godin. Tomorrow who knows? And I don't know where this is leading me to. We shall see...

As a photographer/author of four photo/essay books, my recent book, Fearless Women, Visions of a New World, I look to marketing gurus such as Seth who market way out of the box. Watch his short video about his new book,  The Icarus Deception. 



Not only does it make you feel starved to learn more about his modern consciousness of marketing but it stops you in your old paradigm tracks. Along with this video he also create....and OMG brilliantly....a F**king brilliant campaign he calls, "This is My Art." Learn more by seeing his blog post from a couple of days ago: Here I Made This. There is an inspiring video that further explains the project.

Yours in Fearless craziness!

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment