Friday, January 11, 2013

Can I really follow my bliss from my easy chair?

Today in my quest to find inspiration throughout my day to write my daily post, I find the my muse of words, Linda Gabriel on Facebook posting that she wrote a guest post on Tiny Buddha. It truly resonated with me as in my new years zeal to create my resolution for 2013, I stated I was committed to "being in my truth and follow my bliss." However, can I really follow my bliss from my easy chair with my laptop computer on my lap and HGTV on TV (which I tend to call the Oracle...the TV that is not HGTV)?



Linda turned on a light in my brain when she said, "If you are going to follow your bliss, the supposition is that you already know what it is. Maybe you do, and maybe you don’t. Yet."

Yes, Linda, you are right "what is my bliss?" The six points in Linda Gabriel's post opened my truth seeking eyes to the fact that I need to find what my bliss is or at least narrow it down to one bliss at a time so that I can follow it. Trying new things, being open to possibiites, being curious and trusting life. Well, I guess that means I have to leave my chair and my house?

When I am in LA at my home photo studio, I work work work, strategize and work some more. Linda's six points to discovering you bliss is very helpful. Her last point in finding your bliss is "trusting life." Yes, I am a big believer in trusting what life brings, being grateful and enjoying the journey.

And speaking of the journey, one thing I am very passionate about and confirms that in some of my searching moments of bliss finding is that I adore inspiring women to be the best they can be. That gives me a big inhale of happiness and exhale of peace.



So I am following my bliss up I 5 to San Francisco to share my new book, which Linda Gabriel is featured in and is the co-author of, Fearless Women, Visions of a New World at Book Passage. I look forward to sharing my journey creating my book project and listen to some of the other women from the book joining me, tell their story and hearing the beautiful voice of Karen Drucker doing a special performance of "I Am a Gift," featured on the CD that comes with the book. Yes, that feels like bliss to me!

Hey, I'm not only getting out of my easy chair tomorrow but getting in a car and driving up north on a fearless joureny to Northern California on the I 5 following my bliss.

What's your bliss and why are you following it?

Yours in fearless bliss following,

Mary Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment