Saturday, January 5, 2013

Me Fearless?

Those of you who know me or follow my blog musings may think or perhaps not that I am a Fearless Woman or that I am a Fearless Leader. I capitalize these as it is daunting to me. Last year I would joke when someone called me a "Fearless Leader" I would say, "I should wear a t-shirt that says, Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost." Really? I did say that but not anymore....at least not out loud.

I have photographed women with a sword and created three Fearless Women books. Fearless Women: Midlife Portraits released in 2005, Fearless Women, Fearless Wisdom, released in 2010 and last year, Fearless Women, Visions of a New World. All of these books are a reflection of my life, moving into midlife, then my wisdom years and then with 2012 being the big shift, fearlessly exploring a vision for a new and better world.


Creating Fearless Women, Visions of a New World took a lot out of me and as many of you know, I crashed and burned, physically, a little over a month ago. I was in and out of bed and the hospital for two months with intestinal issues. No more details need to be told. The bottom line, I believe, is that I stressed and pushed myself into physical collapse. I didn't even feel it coming on because I was so caught up in the momentum.

Now is a time for me to reflect and perhaps sit for a while in the "I don't know what's next" thought and feeling. It's the perfect place to be. Yes, for this next year I want to be more of a human be-ing than do-ing! "Being Fearless" is letting go, breathing deeply, seeing problems as only situations and loving oneself and the journey. How do I want to continue with this Fearless Movement? It's not only a movement of women who are carrying the sword of transformation for the planet but transformation of themselves. Through our calling we find our lessons and also our brightest most precious gifts.

I am looking forward to meeting new fearless women and hearing their stories. We will be sharing this current book  Sunday, January 13th at Book Passage in Corte Madera in Northern California. I have been told it's an extraordinary book store. So few book stores are left and I am thrilled to be doing a book signing there with some of the beautiful fearless women featured in this photo/essay book, Tamara Archer, Paige Bearce-Beery and Jolin Halstead.

 
What also makes this new book special is the music CD that comes with the book and I am excited to have a this event at Book Passage a Live performance by Karen Drucker, featured artist on Songs for a New World, the CD included with Fearless Women, Visions of a New World.

I am very proud of all my books! They are my children that I birthed with some loving labor. They continue to teach me how to be fearless as I nurture them and share them with other women (and men). My hope is that with my art, my creations, they inspire hearts and souls where ever my books are found.
And the Fearless journey continues....

Mary Ann


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mary Ann, You've always been my example of the Fearless Woman who inspires beyond belief. I've come to realize that being Fearless takes on different meanings for each one of us, but ending up at the same goal. Nourishing others.
    I am in Awe of you. You actually gave me that necessary kick in the rear to grow up and recognize the meaning of my worth. When you opened the door and featured me in the first book, Fearless Women: Midlife Portraits, you succeeded in spurring me on to reach my goals. I love you MA Forever and a Day. http://www.pamelajansen.com

    ReplyDelete