Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Seeing the Blessings & beauty we have in Our Life


Today is the first day of 2013. I am filled with optimism and excitement for this new year. I spoke to my friend Michael Gerber today and he said something so wise and inspiring, "May we always have
the wisdom and perspective to see the blessing we have in our life." I was so moved by this that I wrote it on a photo of my husband Joe and I in the mountain snow as a New Year's email card to family and friends. I used his phrase on the card and added the word "beauty" in the phrase. I believe we need to also see the beauty in our life. There is so much beauty in our world and many times we focus on the problems. It is a wonderful inspired phrase for the new year, don't you think?


Michael Gerber is a living example of someone seeing the blessings and beauty in his life. Michael lives with MS and is in a wheelchair. Nothing stops him from living his life fully, productively and with purpose. He is a bright light in the lives of so many, always smiling, joking and filled with curiosity and delight. He writes in his blog about being inspired by a woman named Debbie who has severe MS but has the brightest smile and lives with purpose. I invite you to read Michael's recent blog about meeting Debbie. http://mgerber.blogspot.com/



Michael ends his blog by writing, "May you wake up happy every day of the coming year. May you find an opportunity for gratitude in everyone of your life experiences. May something as simple as your smile be an inspiration to those around you. May the new year be filled with miracles and blessings for you and your family." 

He makes me smile!

Happy New Year...be fearless...be inspired!

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment